sábado, 9 de outubro de 2010

Retrofit 2 by Lukesavant - Video Preview & Exclusive Interview

LUKESAVANT & HOLIDAY SHARE will release on November RETROFIT Vol. 2. To promote it I produced a video and an EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with the DJ.
To know a little bit more about Lukesavant downldoad

If you want to download the complete RETROFIT preview, visit my youtube channel.



Interview with Lukesavant.
INCO: Hi Lukesavant, it´s a pleasure to talk to you. First of all, where do you live?
LUKESAVANT:I live in sunny San Diego, Ca
INCO:How old are you?
LUKESAVANT: I'm 35 years old
INCO: What do you do for life?
LUKESAVANT: Own my own haircare business
INCO: Who is your “lucky star”?
LUKESAVANT My lucky star is my mother. =) I'm a momma's boy!
INCO: Why "Lukesavant"?
LUKESAVANT: Its my married name, my partner's last name and my last name combined (gay marriage)
INCO: Lukesavant in one word?
LUKESAVANT: Determined
INCO: And why Madonna?
LUKESAVANT: There is no other.... simply put
INCO: When did you start listening to Madonna?
LUKESAVANT: When I was 7 years old.. in the beginning.
INCO: What is Madonna´s influence in your life?
LUKESAVANT: Her music is always there in my head wherever I go.
INCO: What Madonna era do you prefer?
LUKESAVANT: I'd have to say both the Like A Prayer/I'm Breathless/Blond Ambition Era. She really delivered during that time.
INCO: Tell us what´s the best Madonna:
album: LUKESAVANT: Confession on a Dancefloor-Perfect record at the perfect time
video: LUKESAVANT: Bad Girl-Loved how the video told the story well with the song
INCO: I agrre with you, this is a materpiece.
movie: LUKESAVANT: Evita..... Madonna at her best (acting)
tour: LUKESAVANT: Girlie Show.... Before all the technology, she delivered a spectacular show!
official remix: LUKESAVANT: The 1995 Love Don't Live Here Anymore promo remixes.
INCO: I love LDLHA, have you ever remixed this one?
LUKESAVANT: No I wish I could remix Love Don't Live Here Anymore.... There isn't a good acapella.... If you know where to get one, let me know.
INCO:Tell us the worst thing too: LUKESAVANT: I'm a little disappointed about the amount of plastic surgery, but oh well.
INCO: What Madonna song you can say “it´s me”? Explain please.
LUKESAVANT: Get Together. It's my anthem. It gets me to my core.
INCO: What do you expect of the next Madonna album?
LUKESAVANT: I expect brilliance.... I expect fresh more adult songs. I don't care if they are dance, R&B, Pop or whatever, I just want the songs to be lyrically clever.
INCO: I have the same desire, more adulto songs. I miss lyrics such Live To Tell, Like A Prayer...
INCO: Besides Madonna, what singers/groups do you listen to?
LUKESAVANT: Alicia Keys, Pink, George Michael... lots of others.
INCO: Madonna in one word.
LUKESAVANT: Innovative
INCO: When did you start remixing?
LUKESAVANT: I started in 2000
INCO: Do you remix other singers?
LUKESAVANT: I used to. I did some Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston mixes but they weren't that good and will never see the light of day! LOL
INCO: What was your first remix? How did you feel when you released it?
LUKESAVANT: Music was my first remix, I don't think I even have a copy of it anymore.... Anything from that long ago I am sure I can't stand to hear anymore.
INCO: Is there any released remix that you think it wasn´t good enought to release? Which one would you re- produce?
LUKESAVANT: Yes! My Get Together mix was ok, but I could do better.
INCO: What was the most hard remix to produce?
LUKESAVANT: Surprisingly it was my Celebration-Lukesavant Digital Love Mix. On the back end, it was an extremely complicated production music-wise.
INCO: There are a lot of famous Madonna remixers, how do you feel remixing Madonna?
LUKESAVANT: I feel great about it. I think everyone has their own style. As it relates to the remixers Madonna chooses for her releases, I honestly don't think a lot of them are all that good or their sound is overly repetitive. Of the fan remixers, there are a handful of really good ones and most others that well, I want them to learn the craft better.
INCO: Have you ever thought about producing a remix with another Madonna remixer? Dubtronic told in a interview that he and you would work in a remix, what about this project? Will it be produced?
LUKESAVANT: First let me say, I adore Dubtronic and his abilities. Yes, just this last year we attempted to collaborate on a mix of his that he started. We mutually agreed that it was his mix. In the end, with no bad feelings, he decided to go a different route than what we were working on. But I'm open to working with him again in the future. I also adore Dens, I looked up to him so much! He's amazing!
INCO: Lukesavant best / worst remix?
LUKESAVANT: I'd say my best will be on Retrofit Vol. 2- Cherish.
INCO: What pattern do you use to remix a song? What do you have in mind when you choose a song to remix?
LUKESAVANT: Don't really have a pattern, sometimes I'm first drawn by the vocal. Sometimes I've already created a track and I plug in different acapellas to see which fits better.
INCO: You remix only to internet or you are a DJ in parties too?
LUKESAVANT: No DJ-ing here, just produce remixes.
INCO: Have you ever been dancing in a party and suddenly one of your remixes start playing? How did you feel?
LUKESAVANT: NO! I wish that would happen. =) INCO: It will!
INCO: Why the title Retrofit?
LUKESAVANT: I'm a big Star Trek fan and there is a term used when old space ships get fixed up to be better, they "Retrofit" the ships to be better and newer.
INCO: Will be release another Retrofit?
LUKESAVANT: Possibly there will be a Retrofit Vol. 3 in 2011. If I decide to do another one I would like to include some remixes off of Madonna's next album. So maybe not until 2012. But we'll see.
INCO: Have you ever been in Brazil?
LUKESAVANT: Sadly no, I wish I have.
INCO: Do you have a message to your fans?
LUKESAVANT: Thanks for all your support over the years. I hope to get better and better. Love to you all!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário