sábado, 9 de julho de 2011

Exclusive Interview: Get To Know MONSIEUR ADI



HOLIDAY SHARE once again brings a new exclusive interview. This time with the revelation of the moment: MONSIEUR ADI. In this interview, my friend Monsieur Adi tells us about his work, his desires, and shows surprised about the public reception to their Madonna remixes.



Obviously Monsieur Adi will be interviewed by other websites but remember you read it first at HOLIDAYSHARE!


GET TO KNOW MONSIEUR ADI



First of all! You are a new Madonna remixer, and people already fell in love with you. How do you feel about it?
It’s really amazing and I did not expect such a nice reception for it !!

Where do you live? How old are you? What do you do for life?
I’m 24 (I will become 25 on 22 August) and settling into London for the next year or so. It’s a great city ! I’ve studied design and somehow have become eaten by music, but I do love it. You get to meet some of the greatest people possible !

Who is your “lucky star”?
My mother, who I lost last year, is definitely my lucky star !

Describe yourself.
That’s always really hard for me to do. A lot say that I have quite a boyish quality … shy, naïve sometimes, and optimistic. I don’t see anything wrong with that. I’m fascinated by creativity.

Why Monsieur Adi?
Well, everyone calls me Adi and sounds very cool. One day I was shopping in an open market and saw a wall hanging that have simply said “Monsieur” and thought it was so cool so I purchased it. And when I was thinking of what to call myself, I turned to look at the “Monsieur” hanging on my wall and put it with Adi. That’s how it came. Now, for some reason, everyone calls me Monsieur. It’s funny !

And why Madonna?
She’s one of the greatest artists of all time. Her passion for life and people is inspiring and she’s such a dynamic woman. No female artist working now can even imagine to compete with her. The only artist I think that could properly take over would be Robyn. She has that same attitude and sincerity that Madonna has. Nothing pretentious.


When did you start listening to Madonna? What is Madonna´s influence in your life?
Madonna has always been in my life somewhere, but I think it was Frozen that really made me pay attention to her as something more than a singer and more like an artist.

What Madonna era do you prefer?
Visually and sonically, I like Madonna’s pop songs from the 80s. But I prefer her recent voice. The maturity and depth warms me.


Tell us what´s the best Madonna:
Album : American Life
Song : Live To Tell
Video : Like A Prayer
Movie : Evita
Tour : Confessions
Official remix : I never listened any official remix surprisingly.

Tell us the worst thing too.
All I have to say is that Hard Candy was not Madonna at her best. It was not bad, it was just not the best Madonna could do

What Madonna song you can say “it´s me”? Explain please.
Humm, that’s really hard. Because there’s a Madonna song for every one of my moods it seems. Probably "Like A Prayer" !

What do you expect of the next Madonna album?
I expect her to have one of the greatest albums of all time that is filled with euphoric and beautiful music that have some meaning and depth. Spiritual, emotional, optimistic, and fun even. I don’t expect it to be all dance music because that would be too specific for an artist that can give more than that.

We heard about Guy Oseary have listened to your Get Together remix, what do you knwo about it?
Very cool in fact !

Tell us the truth: is there any plan to work with Madonna?
I cannot say.



Besides Madonna, what singers/groups do you listen to?
I’m a huge fan of artists like Daft Punk, Bjork, Royksopp, Rob Dougan, Justice, Mirwais, Michael Jackson, and many more ! I also listen to quite a lot of classical music. I love Vivaldi.

Madonna in one word.
Intense.

When did you start remixing?
I would say about four years ago and it was just for fun. It has turned into something more which is excellent, but I cannot say that I expected it.

Do you remix other singers?
Yes, I’ve gotten the chance to remix some fantastic artists like Ellie Goulding, The Knocks, Chiddy Bang, and a lot of other fresh, new artists. I like the chance to experiment with different singers and their styles.

What was your first remix? How did you feel when you released it?
Oh my, that was some time ago ! I think my first remix was of Yelle’s “Ce Jeu” for a competition. I was quite nervous in fact, but it was a great experience just to release something for others to hear.

What Madonna song you wouldn´t want to remix (in other words, what song you hate?).
I don’t particularly hate any Madonna songs. I wouldn’t want to remix “Live To Tell” for a different reason … it’s just perfect !


What was the most hard remix to produce?
Hardest remix ….. It might be the one I made for Reni Lane. It’s got a lot of layers to it !

There are a lot of famous Madonna remixers, how do you feel remixing Madonna?
For me, remixing Madonna was easy as she’s an influence so it’s just like returning to the source. It felt great.

Have you ever thought about producing a remix with another Madonna remixer?
I have never thought of it to be honest.

What pattern do you use to remix a song? What do you have in
mind when you choose a song to remix?
Whenever I make a remix, I listen to another way the song could be while still respecting the artist. It’s important for me to make something that compliments the artist so well that it could be an original. I’m not a DJ at all and so I don’t feel the need to provide a dance track all the time. For example, I made a rework of a song for a young British artist name Spark that only used strings. I’m just as comfortable with slow songs as I am with fast songs.

Who and what are your influences?
I’ve a lot of influences, the main ones are Bjork, Mirwais, Justice, Madonna, Rob Dougan, and of course Daft Punk. I’m also inspired by the classical works of Handel and Vivaldi and inspired by other people / things like Tom Ford, Riccardo Tisci, Nicholas Ghesquière, Zaha Hadid, Rococo, modernism, and life in general.

What images and emotions do you want your music to invoke in the listener?
I want to make music that reminds you of the beauty of human emotions. Some songs that I have heard upon first listen have moved me so much that I nearly cried and that’s what I want to do. I just like making beautiful music, although beauty is subjective.

What do you think is the best thing in Madonna´s fans? And what´s the worst thing?
I don’t know what is bad about Madonna fans ! I’ve not experienced anything bad. They show a lot of love and loyalty and it’s inspiring. Madonna is lucky to have that for sure !

Tell us about your upcoming projects.
I’ve got different things that I am doing at the moment. One is working on my own album Empire which I am quite excited for. Recently there have been some more requests to do remixes and productions for other so we’ll see what’s possible there.

What do you do when you´re not making music?
When I’m not making music, I’m either drawing something, exercising, or doing absolutely nothing at all ! Sometimes I can be very lazy. It’s a horrible flaw.

Do you have any tips you’d like to share with young remixers like me (lol)?
Make music you love and feel what you’re doing. People can tell when you put your entire passion into some type of art if it is a painting or music. And always continue with what you believe ! It’s a cliché, but it’s the truth ! Don't be afraid to share it.

Have you ever been in Brazil?
Never. Is this an invitation ? Haha. I would love to visit in Brazil, but I must say that I have a problem with getting lost. Surprisingly, I have done well with the London Tube.

Do you have a message to your fans?
It feels really weird to have fans. That’s new ! But honestly, thanks very, very much for the fantastic love as it’s fascinating and encouraging to me. Really special and touching !! And thanks for this interview !


Thanks so much Monsieur Adi! We are all waiting for new remixes!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário