segunda-feira, 16 de agosto de 2010

4 Minutes With Dubtronic - PART II - the interview

the new Dubtronic remix HERE




Dubtronic is a special friend of mine, he has helped me since de beginning of my HOLIDAY SHARE Project. Our first work together was The Game single, including the first The Game remix produced and release worldwide in the internet. DUBTRONIC and HOLIDAY SHARE have since then released exclusive remixes and albuns like Mantra and More Madonna. Celebration Dubtronic Waiting For Remix is one of the most downloaded files in HOLIDAY SHARE, more than 1600 downloads.

Madonna´s fans really love Dubtronic´s remixes and they can wait for another Dubtronic remix and in this interview HOLIDAY SHARE will show the man behind these great remixes. Dubtronic is so kind...and I want to say thank you Dubtronic again.
Ladies and Gentlemen: DUBTRONIC. We only got 4 minutes!

(a versão em Protuguês estará disponível em breve)



Inco: Hi Dubtronic, good evening!
Dubtronic: Hi Inco!
Inco: It´s a pleasure to talk to you again and it´s even more special because this is the first HOLIDAY SHARE interview; that´s why I chose you. I have some question and I and HOLIDAY SHARE followers are anxious to read this interview. Let´s go?!
Dubtronic: Let’s go!
Inco: First of all let´s talk about the man behind Dubtronic. Where do you live? How old are you? What do you do for life?
Dubtronic: I live in Zürich, Switzerland. I was born in 1973, that makes me 37  and I work as a nurse in a psychiatry.
Inco: DJ and nurse?! Coool. Who is your “lucky star”?
Dubtronic: My Lucky Star ? Should I say Madonna ?
Inco: Why “Dubtronic”?
Dubtronic: Oh, first i was calling myself Dubstar, after a favourite band of mine that quit some years ago. But that name was causing some trouble, so I renamed myself Dubtronic: A combination of Dub (always loved the dub mixes) and of electronic (most of my mixes are electronica)
Inco: Dubtronic in one word?
Dubtronic: Difficult Question. you say: __________-
Inco: And why Madonna?
Dubtronic: She is a fascinating woman!
Inco: When did you start listening to Madonna? How? What is Madonna´s influence in your life?
Dubtronic: I remember listening to some songs on the radio like Holiday or Lucky Star. Then my friends gave me the Like A Virgin Cassette to my birthday – that’s when i fell in Love....
Since then she has been an influence in my life, my coming out, my love in music, my work ethic...
Inco: What Madonna era do you prefer?
Dubtronic: LAP & ROL
Inco: We can see the brunette Madonna in these eras. I love these erar too. Tell us what´s the best Madonna: album, video, movie, tour and oficial remix. Tell us the worst things too.
Dubtronic: I hate these kind of questions, but I’ll try
Fav Album Ray Of Light
Fav Vídeo Bedtime Story
Movie: In Bed with M
Tour (that I have been to): Confessions
Best Mix – Substitute for Love (Sasha & BT Remix)

Worst Album Hard Candy
Worst Vídeo American Life Banner Version
Movie – Who’s That Girl
Tour (that i have seen live) Sticky & Sweet
Worst Mix – can’t say, there are a lot.
Inco: I agree with you, there are several official bad remixes. What was the best thing Madonna did in her life (including personal choices). And what was her worst choice?
Dubtronic: i always loved the erotica/sex phase (provocation), the Ray of light era (spiritualism) – but I don’t like her when she is too preachy.
Inco: What Madonna song you can say “it´s me”?Explain please.
Dubtronic: oh there are so many, really can’t say. I always felt very close to Live To Tell and Skin. They have a melancholy i like.
Inco: I love them too, Nothing Really Matters is Inco! What do you expect of the next Madonna album? A brunette Madonna? (Dubtronic, like me; loves the brunette Madonna).
Dubtronic: Wishful Thinking. Hope she is going more into retro-folktronica – that sound suits her! And she should try the cosmic disco sound
Inco: Madonna in one word.
Dubtronic: Idol
Inco: Besides Madonna, what singers/groups do you listen to?
Dubtronic: there are so many, Björk, Tori Amos, Robyn, Patrick Wolf, Cut Copy, James Yuill to name a few...
Inco: I knew you like Tori Amos, do you remix other singers?
Dubtronic: i did some extended versions of Kylie, that’s all
Inco: When did you start remixing?
Dubtronic: about 3 years ago
Inco: What was your first remix? How did you feel when you released it?
Dubtronic: Think it was a Jump remix, quite bad actually... I was excited to see the reactions of the people.
Inco: I don´t think Jump Remix is a bad remix. This remix was supposed to be in my Jump – IMP Version single, but you talked about it, so I´m gonna release this rare remix now and HERE, lol. Is there any released remix that you think it wasn´t good enought to release? Which one would you re- produce?
Dubtronic: Oh, all the Demo’s you released recently and the revolver mixes
Inco: What was the most hard remix to produce?
Dubtronic: You’ll see (Damaris Remix) DEMO
Inco: I think You’ll see (Damaris Remix) is on of your best remixes, the complete version will be release soon here in an exclusive Dubtronic single. There are a lot of famous Madonna remixers, how do you feel remixing Madonna, the Queen of pop?
Dubtronic: First I really have to say that i’m not really remixing Madonna. Most of my mixes are made with an existing instrumental / track, so they are mash-ups. The only mix I entirely produced is the “Think Of Me” Remix. The reason why I remix Madonna? i don’t like most of the offical remixes...
Inco: What other DJ´s do you like?
Dubtronic: Hmm – some Techno DJ’s like Carl Craig or Trentemoller. I love Aeroplane as well.
Inco: Have you ever thought about producing a remix with another Madonna remixer? Who would you like to work with?
Dubtronic: I m often collaborating with ADRC, He does a lot of the filtered acapellas for me, prelistens my mixes and gives me feedback. I was thinking about doing a remix with Lukesavant but that never got into final stages.... Never thought about doing another collaboration....
Inco: A Dubtronic and Lukesavant remix would be very interesting. When a remix is released, usually you released a video. Do you produce these videos? Have you ever thought about to let them available to download too?
Dubtronic: Yes, I made most of them .Think they’re quite bads, they’re only made to promote my remixes. I take several fanmade remix vídeos and put them together in a very amateur kind of way.That’s why i don’t think I can put them up for download. The best remix vídeo is Lucky Star (ADRC VS Dubtronic Neon Lights Remix), that was made by DJ Flange and has been released.
Inco:If you didn´t download Lucky Star video, do it now HERE. Madonna´s fans, like her; love perfection. Have you ever been criticized about a remix you produced? How do you feel when people criticize you? How do you face when people doesn´t like one of your remixes?
Dubtronic: I am a perfectionist as well – when it comes to remixing. Well, constructive critizism can help me make better mixes, so i don’t have anything agaist that. And :Taste differs.....
Inco: Dubtronic best / worst remix?
Dubtronic: Worst: Revolver Mixes – think i misplaced the vocals a bit. Best: Isaac Mixes
Inco: If you had the oportunity to remix oficially a Madonna song, which one you´d like to remix? And what album you´d produce?
Dubtronic: Remix Madonna officially? Unbelievable... Would love to remix Skin. And i would produce a Cosmic Disco Album with her...
Inco: I´d love to listen to a Skin Dubtronic remix. Does anybody here have a good Skin a capella? Send to me please. Fans have waited for so long to listen to a Vogue Dubtronic remix, we already have it. How long do we have to wait to listen to a Rain / Sorry / Express Yourself / Fever / Bad Girl / Take A Bow Dubtronic remix? Lol
Dubtronic: He He, long!!!!!! I first have to get a filtered acapella, then find a matching instrumental, find the inspiration and time to mix.....
Inco: Ray Of Light and Hard Candy extended version are loved by fans too, what album do you intend to produce an extended version? (American Life and Bedtime Stories please).
Dubtronic: lol – well, I was planing to extend EROTICA – when I got the time, I will extend them all!
Inco: I already said it to you: I love your remixes but The Power Of Goodbye (Dubtronic White Room Remix) and X-Static Process (Dubtronic Far Away Remix) are masterpiece. These remixes are so touching, they can bring tears in our eyes. What pattern do you use to remix a song? What do you have in mind when you choose a song to remix?
Dubtronic: I love to produce slow mixes for slow songs. And i’m very much into the sound of the 80ies as well, so i always try this first. And sometimes I just like to do a full on club mix ...
Inco: Albums such as Mantra, More Madonna and Test Drive are loved by your fans, do you intend to produce soon another complete Dubtronic album? Remember I already asked Mantra 2! Are there Dubtronic demos enough to produce a TEST DRIVE 2?
Dubtronic: no, did not think about producing a new album. I want to relase a mix as soon as it’s finished, i’m not a very patient person.
Inco: I think there readers are not patient either. In 90´s decade, Madonna showed several faces since the Erotica album and it´s dirtiness till the bright and lightness of Ray Of Light. I have noticed you have remixed a lot of songs from 80´s and 00´s decades, don´t you like the 90´s era? Just to remember, the masterpiece Ray Of Light was released in 1998.
Dubtronic: Oh, i have remixed a lot of the Ray of light album, songs from Bedtime Stories and Erotica as well. There’s are some songs in production like Beautiful Stranger, Give It 2 Me, Fever or Get Together.
Give me an acapella and I’ll try my best. Sometimes I just don’t find a matching instrumental....
Inco: I already listened to your Fever remix demo, loved it. You remix only to internet or you are a DJ in parties too?
Dubtronic: First I was A DJ, I play at alternative Gay Parties or for my friends. Check out my mixes here: http://dubtronic.swissblog.ch/
Inco: Have you ever been dancing in a party and suddenly one of your remixes start playing? How did you feel?
Dubtronic: Yeah, one of my friends played one. It felt strange, but i love to watch people dancing to my music/mixes
Inco: You are a celebrity in “Madonnic world”, how do you think about it?
Dubtronic: Well, not a celebrity, i’m just a well known amateur Madonna remixer!
Inco: Have you ever been in Brazil? Do you know some Brazilian singer?
Dubtronic: no, never been there, unfortunately. Bebel Gilberto is brazilian, right?
Inco: You have a lot of Brazilian fans, have you thought about producing a remix using “Brazilian rhythm” like samba or bossa-nova?
Dubtronic: yeah, though about it, wanted to produce a To Have And Not To Hold Remix in that way – but failed...
Inco:Man, I listened to your To Have And Not To Hold Remix, I think it´s lovely. Last year you produced a special remix to Hung Up, called Dubtronic Celebrating Inco Remix, this remix was a gift to my birthday; I loved it... can I wait for another special gift to me this year? Lol
Dubtronic: lol – wait and see.
Inco: I´m gonna wait then. Can you share a secret? What´s the new Dubtronic remix? (It´s gonna be release here)
Dubtronic: 4 Minutes
Inco: Do you have a message to your fans?
Dubtronic: Enjoy!!!
Inco: Let´s enjoy! Thanks again for this exclusive interview and for all lovely remixes you produce and share with us. Keep up with the good work.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário